PerfectFit Inserts Kit
PerfectFit Inserts Kit
The PerfectFit Pointe Shoe Inserts Kit gives you the power to mold and tailor a custom-fitting set of inserts for your feet that offer unparalleled comfort, support, and control.
Not your typical toe pad, each kit is fabricated from performance textiles and uses silicone impression technology. We aimed to be so much more than your average toe pad, and we have designed a new fitting solution, not another padding solution. Once you’ve molded a pair of PerfectFit Inserts, the difference is instantly recognizable.
The inserts help you achieve this perfect fit by using a moldable impression material that adapts your foot to fit the inside of your pointe shoe like a glove. The inserts fill only the voids within the box of your shoe, so your weight is much more evenly distributed across your toes and forefoot en pointe, and painful and damaging pressure points are reduced or removed.
Proudly designed and made in California.
Sizing. We offer the kit in two sizes: S/M and L/XL. The volume of putty included is the same in both kits, but the L/XL fabric cover has a more generous cut. We recommend the S/M for dancers with street shoe size 8 and below, and the L/XL for street shoe size 9 and larger. We would also suggest the L/XL if you have a very wide foot, very long toes, or a higher vamp shoe. In terms of measurements, the L/XL size is slightly wider and about 3/8" longer than the S/M, which measures roughly 2 and 5/8" in the vamp. If you are uncertain, or in between sizes, it's always easy to trim down the larger size, as both socks have unfinished edges to allow for trimming.
Each kit includes the following components:
- 2 lavender wickaway fabric covers. Made from sport wickaway knit fabric, these special socks function to keep the molded material positioned correctly on your foot, and feature extra reinforcement in the big toe area.
- 2 sets of jars of moldable impression material. This turquoise-colored material is a 2-part silicone rubber putty that when mixed together, chemically cures into a cushiony soft and stretchable rubber that provides firm support for your foot en pointe. It also allows enough resilience to absorb impact and flex with the foot and toes as they change position while dancing.
- 2 purple stretch spacer sleeves. These tiny sleeves will stretch over two common styles of gel spacers (for use between your first and second toe) so that they can be molded directly into the insert. Depending on your foot shape, routinely wearing spacers can help prevent the onset of bunions. Having spacers integrated in the insert reduces the chance of losing small, separate pieces.
- 2 plastic bag covers. These will cover the inserts during the molding process to protect the inside of your shoe.
- 1 handy white mesh bag. You can use this breathable bag to store your inserts in between class.
- Instruction booklet + audio molding guide. The full-color, illustrated booklet will walk you through the fitting process in detail, following the same steps outlined in our Molding Process section and video tutorial. Our new listen-as-you-mold Audio Molding Guide makes it even easier by providing real-time coaching from an experienced fitter and keeping track of time for you.